A deadline is a powerful thing. I signed up to get launched on Wednesday, 7 July 2010 and that really helped me focus on getting the boat ready to go. The first coat of bottom paint went on on Thursday, 1 July, and the second went on the next day. After spending a nice 4th of July weekend on the Cape, I was back at the boat on Tuesday painting the first coat of the new boot top stripe (see previous post for some pix and details). At the end of the day Tuesday I realized the boot top stripe needed a second coat, so I came down early on Wednesday to do that before the boat was launched.

The launch took place around 10:00 am, and it went so smoothly that we (Jeremy, Emily and I) were able to get the sails up before we ate lunch. After lunch we went to the mooring and I cleaned the muck and growth off of the mooring pennants. Then we were able to go for a quick sail, basically out to the far end of Thompson Island and back.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: